- A scheme of systematic local vigilance by householders to discourage crime, especially burglary.More example sentences
- Luckily I was in smart pants and shirt or I'd have been dragged away by the local neighborhood watch.
- The residents' group will be working with police and the neighbourhood watch to help build community spirit, hold fundraising events and tackle the rising crime.
- Ian Brockman from Greenville, South Carolina: ‘If the Minutemen are a vigilante group, does that also make an organized neighborhood watch a vigilante group as well?’
More definitions of neighbourhood watchDefinition of neighbourhood watch in:
- The US English dictionary