- Of indefinite character and difficult to identify or classify.More example sentences
- The Tory peer, said: ‘The whole system has to be looked at afresh because at present it is neither fish nor fowl.’
- Trying to satisfy all constituents, it has usually come down right in the middle - not a good place to be, neither fish nor fowl.
- ‘Now they are neither fish nor fowl and fewer students are taking them’, he said.
More definitions of neither fish nor fowl nor good red herringDefinition of neither fish nor fowl nor good red herring in:
- The US English dictionary