Definition of nematology in English:
The scientific study of nematode worms.
- Coauthor James E. Lloyd, perhaps the foremost expert on firefly taxonomy in the world, is a professor of entomology and nematology at the University of Florida in Gainesville.
- The authors have combined their experience in entomology, weed science, and nematology / plant pathology to organize this textbook into 20 logically sequenced chapters.
- Don Dickson, professor of nematology at the University of Florida, has been working with a new 15-inch para-chisel, which is set at a 45-degree angle.
- Example sentences
- This section gives information about upcoming meetings that may be of interest to nematologists in the region.
- Chief nematologists also need to have basic training in agronomy and help improve overall farming productivity.
- His scientific interests centered around the nematodes, a group of animals which he probably knew better than any other nematologist of his time.
Definition of nematology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan