Definition of neo-Nazi in English:
noun (plural neo-Nazis)
1A member of an organization similar to the German Nazi Party.
- The label ‘terrorist’ has rarely stuck to German neo-Nazis.
- Last year, the German government had sought to ban the ultra-rightist party, which maintains close relations with militant neo-Nazis.
- Not surprisingly, a lot of German neo-Nazis skirt their own laws by publishing their rubbish abroad, especially in the USA where it's perfectly legal.
1.1A person of extreme racist or nationalist views.
- We broke up, and he transformed into a neo-Nazi, spouting their racist rhetoric.
- Some of these populist movements originated on the extreme right or contain neo-Nazis and fascists.
- Apparently this is a code used by neo-Nazis to refer to Hitler (the eighth letter of the alphabet is H, thus 88 is HH, standing for Heil Hitler), and Jewish groups in Italy are up in arms.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to neo-Nazis or neo-Nazism.
- The third started in the late 1980s and has involved the DVU and various groups of militant neo-Nazi activists.
- Many have internalized a toxic mix of elements drawn from Medieval European anti-Semitic iconography and neo-Nazi conspiracy theory.
- Official policies were not only an important cause of neo-Nazi violence; it also ignored it, played it down and encouraged it for a long time.
- Example sentences
- It's like neo-Nazism, very dangerous and raises a lot of questions about democratic rights.
- Their racism and neo-Nazism makes them unfit for office.
- Last night, we sent them a message that the community is prepared to unite against racism, bigotry and neo-Nazism.
Definition of neo-Nazi in:
- US English dictionary