noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The presence or formation of new, abnormal growth of tissue.More example sentences
- A preponderance of evidence suggests a causal link between HPV infection and cervical neoplasia.
- There are pathological examples of cardiovascular disease and neoplasia.
- There was no evidence of inflammation, infection, or metastatic neoplasia in the patients dura.
late 19th century: from neo- + Greek plasis 'formation'.
More definitions of neoplasiaDefinition of neoplasia in:
- The US English dictionary