- A son of one’s brother or sister, or of one’s brother-in-law or sister-in-law.More example sentences
- His is regretted by his brother, sisters, nephews, nieces, relatives and friends.
- He is survived by his brother, sisters, nephews, nieces and by other relations.
- On occasion his position became hereditary, sons, cousins, nephews succeeding.
Middle English: from Old French neveu, from Latin nepos 'grandson, nephew', from an Indo-European root shared by Dutch neef and German Neffe.
More definitions of nephewDefinition of nephew in:
- The US English dictionary