The branch of medicine that deals with the physiology and diseases of the kidneys.
- Entire categories such as cardiology, pulmonology, nephrology, gastroenterology and nutrition, and allergy and immunology are omitted.
- The rapidly expanding group of older nephrology patients is a positive reflection of recent developments in medical care and offers an opportunity to establish links between nephrology and geriatric medicine.
- He was widely published and notable for his extensive collaboration across different specialties as diverse as nephrology, neurology, and cardiothoracic surgery.
- Example sentences
- She was put on a strict nephrological and diabetological follow up and a low protein diet and was instructed to stop taking angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors in case of pregnancy.
- Del Mar might wish to reconsider a nephrological cause for his haematuria, and patients should be offered an informed choice when considering the investigation of the symptom.
- AP promotion of earlier recovery or remission, reduction of the scope of chemotherapy, good short- and long-term response permit this modality to be recommended for application in urological and nephrological practice.
- Example sentences
- She sought clarification about equivocal referrals; organised imaging; reviewed results with a paediatric nephrologist, radiologist, and medical physicist as necessary; and informed the doctor and family of normal test results.
- The multidisciplinary team caring for Mrs D consists of her primary care provider, nephrologist, anesthesiologist, nurse, dietitian, social worker, physical therapist, and occupational therapist.
- If your child suffers from recurrent UTIs, seek out a pediatric nephrologist or urologist who can perform a thorough evaluation and, if necessary, order tests for urinary system abnormalities.
Definition of nephrology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.