- Each of the functional units in the kidney, consisting of a glomerulus and its associated tubule, through which the glomerular filtrate passes before emerging as urine.More example sentences
- Stones may form in the kidneys, blocking blood from passing through the nephrons and tubules to be filtered.
- If all of the plasma delivered to the kidneys passed through the glomerular filters into the nephrons, the filters would be clogged with a ‘sludge’ of red cells, white cells, and plasma proteins.
- The nephron is the functional unit of the kidney where urine is produced.
1930s: via German from Greek nephros 'kidney'.
More definitions of nephronDefinition of nephron in:
- The US English dictionary