Definition of netball in English:
1A seven-a-side game in which goals are scored by throwing a ball so that it falls through a netted hoop. By contrast with basketball, a player receiving the ball must stand still until they have passed it to another player.
- Like with the game we were playing then, it was helping us with throwing and passing, like in a game of basketball or netball.
- I know that I enjoyed tennis, badminton, table tennis, squash, netball, basket ball and occasionally hockey.
- Rugby aside, when it comes to football, rugby league, netball, basketball or cricket, New Zealand is invariably the underdog.
1.1 [count noun] The ball used in netball.
- Mitre provided £35,000 worth of footballs, rugby balls, basketballs, netballs and volleyballs in another initiative that saw hundreds of schools across the region benefit.
- Each week different sports balls were given away - footballs, rugby balls, basketballs, netballs and volleyballs.
- I run away from netballs, swerve to avoid hockey sticks, grind to a halt in the sack race.
Words that rhyme with netballpatball • hardball • baseball
Definition of netball in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan