- 1A seven-a-side game in which goals are scored by throwing a ball so that it falls through a netted hoop. By contrast with basketball, a player receiving the ball must stand still until they have passed it to another player.More example sentences
- Like with the game we were playing then, it was helping us with throwing and passing, like in a game of basketball or netball.
- I know that I enjoyed tennis, badminton, table tennis, squash, netball, basket ball and occasionally hockey.
- Rugby aside, when it comes to football, rugby league, netball, basketball or cricket, New Zealand is invariably the underdog.
- 1.1 [count noun] The ball used in netball.More example sentences
- Mitre provided £35,000 worth of footballs, rugby balls, basketballs, netballs and volleyballs in another initiative that saw hundreds of schools across the region benefit.
- Each week different sports balls were given away - footballs, rugby balls, basketballs, netballs and volleyballs.
- I run away from netballs, swerve to avoid hockey sticks, grind to a halt in the sack race.
More definitions of netballDefinition of netball in:
- The US English dictionary