A goalkeeper: the puck might go between the netminder’s pads
More example sentences
- Ray Barry's free kick from the right found the head of the unchallenged Seamus Keating and his powerful header gave the Red Star netminder Tom Ryan no chance at all.
- A stand-up goalie with a lightning quick glove, Osgood is as skillful as any other netminder in the league.
- When the Wheat Kings traded to bring in a veteran netminder, it left them with three goaltenders, including two rookies.
- More example sentences
- As you correctly note, the Leafs have bigger issues than netminding.
- Craig Anderson continues to provide stellar netminding for Ottawa, as he stopped 31 of 32 shots.
- The team, backed by his stellar extra-period netminding, won an NHL-record 10 consecutive overtime games that year.
Definition of netminder in:
- The US English dictionary