Definition of networker in English:
1A person who works from home or from an external office via a computer network.
- Office networkers are protected by network firewalls and virus checkers which are absent in the home.
- Most doctors don't even touch a PC unless they have to and the vast array of different computers, terminals, servers, what-have-you throughout the service is a networker's nightmare.
- Still, right now, Linux is a specialized operating system catering to developers, networkers and IT professionals.
2A person who uses a network of professional or social contacts to further their career: she is an ambitious networker, closely plugged in to politics
More example sentences
- Lee is a very remarkable guy, and a great networker.
- He's a charismatic networker and a man with high political ties stemming back to his days in the Australian Labor Party.
- Fortunately, Leri is the ultimate networker, with a Palm handheld that contains 4,200 names and counting.
Words that rhyme with networkermetalworker
Definition of networker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.