Definition of neural in English:
Relating to a nerve or the nervous system: patterns of neural activity
More example sentences
- Sensory nerve endings in this ligament detect the loading and produce neural signals proportionate to the load.
- Melanocytes derive from cells of the neural crest and can migrate throughout the body.
- By this method, the path of a neural tract can be traced from its origin to its termination.
- neurally adverb
- Example sentences
- Previous studies have suggested that cardiac damage after a stroke is neurally mediated through abnormal autonomic discharges.
- Papillae were lined by predominantly glial cells, with intervening areas occupied by neurally differentiated cells.
- This response is thought to be neurally mediated by impulses originating from the muscle spindles in the exercising muscles, tendons, and proprioceptors in the joints.
Mid 19th century: from Greek neuron in the sense 'nerve' + -al.
Words that rhyme with neuralcrural, jural, mural, plural, rural
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.