noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A crystalline compound of which derivatives occur in many animal substances, chiefly as sialic acids.
More example sentences
- A sugar with amino and acid groups; chemical formula: C9H17NO8
- When a flu virus enters your nose, it latches onto the first thing it finds with a neuraminic acid on it, mucus.
- FIG. 3 is a mass spectrometric spectrum of N-glycolyl neuraminic acid obtained by the inventive method.
- Cutting out neuraminic acid from the cell membrane weakens the cell membrane.
More definitions of neuraminic acidDefinition of neuraminic acid in:
- The US English dictionary