noun (plural neurofibromas or neurofibromata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A tumour formed on a nerve cell sheath, frequently symptomless but occasionally malignant.More example sentences
- The intracranial tumors associated with neurofibromatosis include optic gliomas, other astrocytomas, neurilemomas, acoustic neuromas, neurofibromas, and meningiomas.
- A number of examples of tumors with some malignant features exist, for example, oyster epithelioma, neurofibromas, sarcomas, and leukocytic neoplasms (leukemia-like disorders).
- In fact, pain or sudden enlargement of a pre-existing mass in this setting should lead to immediate biopsy to exclude the possibility of malignant transformation of a neurofibroma.
More definitions of neurofibromaDefinition of neurofibroma in:
- The US English dictionary