Definition of neuropathology in English:
The branch of medicine concerned with diseases of the nervous system.
- Cushing believed that a properly trained neurosurgeon must also be a clinical and experimental neuroscientist, and have a good command of clinical neurology, neuropathology, and neurophysiology.
- The inclusion of photographs of some of the pioneers in neuropathology adds to the historical perspective of general pathology and neuropathology in particular.
- He was one of the last great figures of the classic period of German neuropathology.
- Example sentences
- These will not only shed light on what HIV does to the brain in naïve patients, but will also show some novel features of neuropathological aspects of HIV, which pre-HAART era in the developed countries missed out on.
- The clinical and neuropathological features of Kuru include those found in nvCJD, and both diseases involve the lymporeticular system.
- We postulate that a spectrum of clinical features is related to the intensity and type of injury in babies with inflicted brain injury, reconciling the clinical and neuropathological findings.
- Example sentences
- The unique usefulness of this book/atlas is the inclusion of many real-life case studies, which greatly help neuropathologists as well as clinicians understand the pathogenesis and pathology of peripheral nerve diseases.
- The eponymous term ‘Hallervorden - Spatz syndrome’ has fallen into disfavor in view of the unethical activities of the German neuropathologists Hallervorden and Spatz during World War II.
- Tumors of the pituitary gland are not included, and I believe they should have been, since in a number of places neuropathologists are involved in frozen section preparation and final diagnosis of these tumors.
Definition of neuropathology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan