Definition of neuropathy in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
Disease or dysfunction of one or more peripheral nerves, typically causing numbness or weakness.
- Other potential causes of peripheral neuropathy were excluded before attributing the peripheral neuropathy to diabetes.
- Assessing the lower limbs for peripheral neuropathy and vascular disease also is important.
- In other words, aspartame disease can simulate diabetic retinopathy or peripheral neuropathy.
- Example sentences
- The commonest cause of neuropathic ulceration is diabetes, and many diabetic patients with neuropathic ulceration will also have an arterial problem that requires correction.
- About 86 percent of those with multiple sclerosis suffer from neuropathic pain, or nerve pain, a common symptom of the disease.
- In fact, we owe much of what we know about managing neuropathic foot ulcerations related to diabetes to Dr Brand's pioneering work.
Definition of neuropathy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan