- Any of a group of compounds which act as neurotransmitters and are short-chain polypeptides.More example sentences
- To date, we know of approximately 300 substances that act as neurotransmitters, including endorphins, neuropeptides, adrenaline, noradrenaline and acetylcholine.
- Most biologically active peptide hormones and neuropeptides are produced from larger inactive precursor proteins by endoproteolytic cleavage and further processing within the secretory pathway.
- TppII is 38% identical to human and rat proteins that degrade neuropeptides by attacking their amino termini and releasing three amino acid fragments.
More definitions of neuropeptideDefinition of neuropeptide in:
- The US English dictionary