- (Of a virus, toxin, or chemical) tending to attack or affect the nervous system preferentially.More example sentences
- JC virus, a human neurotropic polyomavirus, is the etiologic infectious agent of this disease.
- Since then, other groups have applied this method to study CNS pathways, and various neurotropic viruses have been used, including pseudorabies virus.
- The likely explanation is thought to be a local, highly neurotropic, measles virus.
- More example sentences
- Focal neurotropism was identified in 3 tumors.
- Rabies virus presents strict neurotropism in vivo, but it can also infect non-neuronal cells in vitro.
- Spindled dermal melanoma cells, with or without neurotropism and desmoplasia, are also seen in this variety.
More definitions of neurotropicDefinition of neurotropic in:
- The US English dictionary