- A line or plane through a beam or plate connecting points at which no extension or compression occurs when it is bent.More example sentences
- Assembly involves considerable welding, especially along the neutral axes of tubular beams made from extruded channels, of which the upper web forms the roadway.
- The vertical eccentricity between the neutral axes of the main span's composite deck and the box of the back span causes significant positive bending in the span from pier 40 to pier 41.
- The arc length through the neutral axis after bending and the flat length of the sheet metal before bending are equal.
More definitions of neutral axisDefinition of neutral axis in:
- The US English dictionary