Definition of neutralism in English:
A policy of political neutrality: the arms deal was likely to encourage neutralism in the area
More example sentences
- Economic growth was the American way of inoculating them against communism, neutralism, socialism, and other potentially anti-American political orientations.
- His policy of anti-American neutralism, which aimed to keep Cambodia out of the war, led him to permit the Vietnamese Communists to station troops on Cambodian soil.
- Once more, then, neutralism was coupled with internationalism to define U.S. military policy.
- Example sentences
- Nonetheless, the political struggle between communists, neutralists, and rightists continued.
- These were paralysed by divisions between followers and opponents of Giolitti, interventionists, and neutralists.
- Ditto with defence, although the huffing and puffing by Irish neutralists will seek to suggest that the proposals mean something menacing, when in fact they mean nothing at all.
Pronunciation: /ˈnjuːtrəlɪst/noun& adjective
Definition of neutralism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.