Definition of newsfeed in English:
1A service by which news is provided on a regular or continuous basis for onward distribution or broadcasting.
- There are comments for the articles provided by newsfeed, but there is no way to comment on what the contributors are saying.
- I spent most of the afternoon watching the one American newsfeed I had access to, CNBC Europe.
- Here are a few content aggregators where you can register your newsfeed.
1.1An item of information so provided.
- In the meantime, people like Bill Gates suggest the sweet spot of the Internet is in newsfeeds from microcontent sources, not in Web properties.
- Last week it became known that the newspaper Telegraaf also is now starting to distribute newsfeeds via RSS.
2A system by which data is transferred or exchanged between central computers to provide newsgroup access to networked users.
- You must have a newsfeed from your service provider to connect to the newsgroups.
- As a result of our recent ‘newsgroup blip’ investigation it came to our attention that so called ‘innocent groups’ were being deleted from newsfeeds by ISPs.
Definition of newsfeed in:
- US English dictionary