- A single item of important news broadcast separately and often interrupting other programmes.More example sentences
- ‘We interrupt this programme for an important newsflash,’ said the news guy.
- Under America's Missing Broadcast Emergency Response, the moment a child is reported missing TV and radio programmes are interrupted with a newsflash and messages are beamed onto motorways signs to alert the public.
- Child Rescue Alert, which interrupts television and radio programmes with newsflashes that a child has been snatched and is at risk of serious harm, will go live early in the new year.
More definitions of newsflashDefinition of newsflash in:
- The US English dictionary