Definition of newsgathering in English:
The activity of researching news items for broadcast or publication.
- Our initial research indicates one needs to take into account similar kinds of factors in assessing how a newspaper is stocked for news-gathering.
- The thin resources the media now dedicate to news-gathering means reporters can no longer spend the time required to look back and compare government actions with the plans summits produce.
- While news-gathering is inevitably staff-intensive and skill-intensive, improvements from working smarter or more efficiently are entirely possible.
- Example sentences
- The news-gatherer protection group Reporters Sans Frontières has also been in touch with the Mirror and the family, and has offered its negotiating services.
- For serious blogging pundits and news-gatherers and discussion board operators, cyber-cred is everything.
- They're turning from news-gatherers (which is the area in which they should far outrank bloggers) to editorialists.
Definition of newsgathering in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan