- 1British A person who reads out broadcast news bulletins.More example sentences
- For several years, she worked as a producer and newsreader at BBC Radio Lancashire and also on the post-graduate journalist course at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston.
- The region has its very own 6.30 pm news programme, fronted by well-known BBC Look North newsreader, Peter Levy, and Helen Fospero, a former US correspondent with GMTV.
- At News 24 he was an evening presenter and newsreader, and also presented the nightly entertainment news show Zero 30.
- 2A computer program for reading messages posted to newsgroups.More example sentences
- Many email programs, newsreaders, RSS feeds, and web browsers have the ability to ‘disable images’.
- Email clients, newsreaders, offline browsers and backup managers are among the company's other offerings.
- In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if the likes of Microsoft and IBM Lotus are not far away from including RSS newsreaders in their email clients.
More definitions of newsreaderDefinition of newsreader in:
- The US English dictionary