1British A person who reads out broadcast news bulletins.
- For several years, she worked as a producer and newsreader at BBC Radio Lancashire and also on the post-graduate journalist course at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston.
- The region has its very own 6.30 pm news programme, fronted by well-known BBC Look North newsreader, Peter Levy, and Helen Fospero, a former US correspondent with GMTV.
- At News 24 he was an evening presenter and newsreader, and also presented the nightly entertainment news show Zero 30.
2A computer program for reading messages posted to newsgroups.
- Many email programs, newsreaders, RSS feeds, and web browsers have the ability to ‘disable images’.
- Email clients, newsreaders, offline browsers and backup managers are among the company's other offerings.
- In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if the likes of Microsoft and IBM Lotus are not far away from including RSS newsreaders in their email clients.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: news|read¦er
Definition of newsreader in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.