Definition of newsworthy in English:
Noteworthy as news; topical: a newsworthy event
More example sentences
- Why has the BBC seen fit to excise this small but noteworthy and newsworthy detail from their version of the news?
- This is partly prejudice; but mostly, it's just that good news is considered less newsworthy.
- News is always more newsworthy if it could affect me, or you, or someone we know, or someone that they know.
- Example sentences
- The recollections of Mieth and others reveal that editorial decisions were not always motivated by traditional journalistic values such as newsworthiness.
- A number of elements have been identified that contribute to the newsworthiness of a story.
- The severity of the crime is also the factor that comes closest to paralleling the traditional idea of newsworthiness - the more severe the crime the more newsworthy the story.