Definition of newsworthy in English:
Noteworthy as news; topical: a newsworthy event
More example sentences
- Why has the BBC seen fit to excise this small but noteworthy and newsworthy detail from their version of the news?
- This is partly prejudice; but mostly, it's just that good news is considered less newsworthy.
- News is always more newsworthy if it could affect me, or you, or someone we know, or someone that they know.
- Example sentences
- The recollections of Mieth and others reveal that editorial decisions were not always motivated by traditional journalistic values such as newsworthiness.
- A number of elements have been identified that contribute to the newsworthiness of a story.
- The severity of the crime is also the factor that comes closest to paralleling the traditional idea of newsworthiness - the more severe the crime the more newsworthy the story.
Words that rhyme with newsworthytrustworthy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan