noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A compound which is the form in which nicotinic acid often occurs in nature.
More example sentences
- The amide of nicotinic acid; chemical formula: (C5H4N)CONH2
- Both nicotinic acid and nicotinamide can serve as the dietary source of vitamin B 3.
- The other trials have tested the effects of low-dose insulin injections and nicotinamide, a vitamin present in small amounts in a normal diet.
- Hence, the present studies were undertaken to understand the role of PARP in ethyl methanesulfonate induced adaptive response in mouse bone marrow cells by employing the inhibitor of this enzyme, nicotinamide.
More definitions of nicotinamideDefinition of nicotinamide in:
- The US English dictionary