A plant of a genus which includes love-in-a-mist.
- Genus Nigella, family Ranunculaceae
More example sentences
- Great plants that reseed themselves include: nigella, sunflowers, cosmos, sweet alyssum, dill, cornflowers, parsley, yarrow, violets and pansies.
- Planting early flowers will bring bees to your garden to pollinate the first vegetables - try direct seeding poppies, nigella, larkspur, cosmos and gypsophila.
- Other hardy annuals like nasturtium and nigella can be started off in the cold frame if there is room.
modern Latin, feminine of Latin nigellus, diminutive of niger 'black'.
Definition of nigella in:
- The US English dictionary