- A tropical climbing cactus with aerial roots and heavily scented flowers that open only at night and are typically pollinated by bats.
More example sentences
- Genera Hylocereus and Selenicereus, family Cactaceae: several species, in particular H. undatus
- I had seen one in bloom in the Exotic Items Collection of the SNW National Botanical Gardens: the rare night-blooming cereus.
- The night-blooming cereus likes dappled shade in the summer and a sunny window in the winter.
- From time to time, night-blooming cereus that is growing in pots will need to be repotted.
More definitions of night-blooming cereusDefinition of night-blooming cereus in:
- The US English dictionary