Definition of night crawler in English:
1An earthworm that comes to the surface at night and is used as fishing bait.
- If you were to grasp one in your hand, it would squirm like a healthy night crawler trying to escape the hook.
- Quickly Megan did the best she could to mash up the night crawler and get the birds to beg for it.
- Red wiggler worms are the most common vermicompost worm, not the large night crawlers often used as fishing bait.
2 informal A person who is socially active at night: the bar and nightclub are hot items with chic night crawlers
More example sentences
- Opt for a dressy frock with a sense of occasion, but avoid anything that looks too clubby (they will think you are a sleazy night crawler).
- The buildings would always hold an admirable brawniness; thick and dark while the night crawlers of all types were sucking down on bottles of booze, rioting in the shadows, or hell, just trying to have a good time.
- There are plenty of other things to do in Thailand for those not interested a 24-hour binge in South Pattaya and perhaps there should be some adjustment in laws which will accommodate our night crawlers.
Definition of night crawler in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan