Definition of night crawler in English:
1An earthworm that comes to the surface at night and is used as fishing bait.
- If you were to grasp one in your hand, it would squirm like a healthy night crawler trying to escape the hook.
- Quickly Megan did the best she could to mash up the night crawler and get the birds to beg for it.
- Red wiggler worms are the most common vermicompost worm, not the large night crawlers often used as fishing bait.
2 informal A person who is socially active at night: the bar and nightclub are hot items with chic night crawlers
More example sentences
- Opt for a dressy frock with a sense of occasion, but avoid anything that looks too clubby (they will think you are a sleazy night crawler).
- The buildings would always hold an admirable brawniness; thick and dark while the night crawlers of all types were sucking down on bottles of booze, rioting in the shadows, or hell, just trying to have a good time.
- There are plenty of other things to do in Thailand for those not interested a 24-hour binge in South Pattaya and perhaps there should be some adjustment in laws which will accommodate our night crawlers.
Definition of night crawler in:
- US English dictionary