- A type of sushi consisting of a small ball of rice, smeared with wasabi paste and topped with raw fish or other seafood: sushi may be the ultimate in sophisticated grab-and-go lunches, but making your own nigiri is surprisingly simpleMore example sentences
- The nigiri is appropriately sized (bucking the current trend of sushi so big it exceeds any polite mouthful).
- The two nigiri and sashimi platters we ordered were specials of the day and they did the job, but did not amaze.
- I usually base the quality of an establishment that serves sushi on their Salmon Nigiri Sushi - if it smells fishy and just doesn't taste too good, forget it - I'm not coming back.
from Japanese nigirizushi, from nigiri- (combining form of nigiru 'clasp, clench, roll in the hands') + -zushi (combining form of sushi).
More definitions of nigiriDefinition of nigiri in:
- The US English dictionary