- Affectedly prim or refined: she had a niminy-piminy ladylike airMore example sentences
- And so it has gone on, leaving tea to be the preserve of a niminy-piminy minority of the American upper-crust, who don't appear to know how to make it properly either.
- No longer is Art Theft a refined craft of niminy-piminy alarm evasion, but more and more a matter of going in with all the guns blazing.
- Who can ever forget Jo in Little Women, who was really Louisa, the girl who, when reproved for whistling by Amy, the art-loving sister, says: ‘I hate affected, niminy-piminy chits!’
late 18th century: fanciful coinage; compare with namby-pamby.
More definitions of niminy-piminyDefinition of niminy-piminy in:
- The US English dictionary