noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A synthetic crystalline compound which forms deeply coloured products with primary amines and is used in analytical tests for amino acids.
More example sentences
- A ketone derivative of indene; chemical formula: C9H6O4
- The photochemistry of ninhydrin in benzene and water was studied by laser flash photolysis and electron paramagnetic resonance.
- The clone expressing the g lactamase forms some amino acid product - this is readily detected by staining with ninhydrin.
- After the chromatography was complete, dried plates were sprayed with a solution of 2% ninhydrin in acetone (w/v), followed by heating.
More definitions of ninhydrinDefinition of ninhydrin in:
- The US English dictionary