Definition of ninja in English:
1A person skilled in the Japanese art of ninjutsu.
- The group of instructors and students at the self-defence class don't resemble ninjas at all, but are a bunch ordinary people who happen to be pretty adept at utilising an opponent's weak spots to overpower them.
- I thought before starting research that the martial arts traditions associated with the ninjas would provide a lot of good material.
- The modern ninjas are concerned with martial arts, which played hardly any role in the lives of the real ninjas.
1.1 [often with modifier] informal A person who excels in a particular skill or activity: the courses vary—you don’t have to be a computer ninja to apply
More example sentences
- If you've gotten really tired of the GUI, check out our list of unconventional command line apps and if you haven't done it yet, be sure to read up on how to become a command line ninja with time-saving shortcuts.
- I was a total ninja - we snagged a cab the first 30 seconds we stepped out of the market.
- Are you a ninja in the kitchen?
Japanese, literally 'spy'.
Words that rhyme with ninjacringer, ginger, impinger, infringer, injure, whinger, winger
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.