noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A short-acting hypnotic drug of the benzodiazepine group, used to treat insomnia.More example sentences
- And who would guess that Valium, Ativan, Mogadon, Serepax and Normison are really closely related drugs called diazepam, lorazepam, nitrazepam, oxazepam and temazepam?
- She had always worked, mostly in shops, but was by then on huge amounts of methadone, nitrazepam, amitriptyline, diazepam and temazepam.
- I was given three DFs and two nitrazepam for nine days.
1960s: from nitr(o) + az(o-) + ep(ine) + am(ide).
More definitions of nitrazepamDefinition of nitrazepam in:
- The US English dictionary