- An organic compound containing a cyanide group —CN bound to an alkyl group.More example sentences
- Secondary and tertiary amides are prepared by reacting primary amides or nitriles with organic acids.
- In this reaction, an ester joins with another ester, a ketone, or a nitrile.
- They also rejected bridgehead double bonds and allenes, and (to my surprise) only allowed triple bonds for nitriles (so no acetylenes.)
More definitions of nitrileDefinition of nitrile in:
- The US English dictionary