noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- An oily liquid which is used as a solvent and as rocket fuel.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3NO2
- Clearly, the binding to DNA effectively shields the chromophores from quenching by nitromethane, consistent with an intimate association of the compounds with the nucleic acid.
- To be eligible for competition, fuel teams must use nitromethane from one of the accepted suppliers.
- The fuel I used is 15% nitromethane which cost AUD $14.50 for a 1 litre bottle.
More definitions of nitromethaneDefinition of nitromethane in:
- The US English dictionary