Definition of noble-minded in English:
Having an honourable, generous character: the mighty sacrifice made by those noble-minded men for the good of our country
More example sentences
- In the pursuit of wealth the noble-minded individual comes under the sway of an alien power.
- Condorcet was undoubtedly a most sincere, generous and noble-minded man.
- In this time of rap-rock, movies like I Am Sam, which is gentle, heartwarming and noble-minded, don't stand much of a chance.
- Example sentences
- It brought out the very best in people: altruism, tolerance, noble-mindedness, and openness to others.
- They are expected to set examples of noble-mindedness, and therefore money should not be the key element from which they derive confidence and motivation.
- His goal was always the cultivation of a high-flown noble-mindedness after the pattern of Ancient Rome.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.