Definition of noctambulist in English:
- For nearly two years I had been going about my life a virtual somnambulist (noctambulist, if you prefer).
- It's still stranger to imagine legions of English noctambulists marching into moonlit fields to chant Dryden and Pope; but the implication of Wordsworth's scenario is that anyone undertaking the experiment would soon see the superiority of the night sky to the painted firmament of Augustan poetry.
- Why does a noctambulist walk about mechanically and sometimes in dangerous places (as on high roofs)?
- Example sentences
- Noctambulism can be short-term maybe even long-term and may well be deriving from a stressful environment, a underlying health care and/or psychiatric disturbance for instance depressive syndrome, a deprivation perhaps even suboptimal repose/good health routines.
- Curatives for noctambulism can incorporate medication, luminance treatment, lasting positive air passage pressure level gear, plus, in addition, routine sleep times or a much better durability mattress.
Words that rhyme with noctambulistfunambulist, somnambulist
Definition of noctambulist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan