Done, occurring, or active at night: most owls are nocturnal
More example sentences
- Max has the night beat, circling a nocturnal but always active Los Angeles.
- Prior to my night of nocturnal mutterings two other rather aggravating events took place.
- The second reason for the interest in owls is that they are beautiful to look at and most of them are nocturnal which means that they hunt at night.
- More example sentences
- While the light environment of shallow water crustaceans may vary dramatically on a 24 hour cycle, deep-sea species live in a much more constant light environment, similar to that of nocturnally active insects.
- Also, some prey species in both freshwater and saltwater environments are more active nocturnally than diurnally, this increasing their likelihood of capture by nocturnal-foraging Wood Storks.
- In nocturnally feeding waterfowl, increased feeding rates were found during daytime in seasons when nights were short, indicating that birds were compensating for restricted feeding periods.