- Noxious, harmful, or poisonous.More example sentences
- If we wish to expose ourselves to nocuous activities, it is very much our choice.
- Though my habit of driving along looking at cars on the other side of the road could prove to be a bit nocuous.
- However, the walk up the stairs of the venue to meet the pair saw thoughts of doubt seep into my mind like a nocuous substance, as they may want the mystery that surrounds their bluesy rock and motivation to continue.
mid 17th century: from Latin nocuus (from nocere 'to hurt') + -ous.
More definitions of nocuousDefinition of nocuous in:
- The US English dictionary