- Having or characterized by hard or tight lumps; knotty.More example sentences
- Along with subsequent calcite deposition, the pentameres are obliterated, the outline becomes rounded, and nodose sides appear.
- Also among marine snails, thick, nodose, spiny, or otherwise ornamented shells are competitive in the sense that they foil predators.
- These terminals of the bipolar nerve cells of the vagal nodose ganglia may well be stretch receptors.
early 18th century: from Latin nodosus, from nodus 'knot'.
More definitions of nodoseDefinition of nodose in:
- The US English dictionary