noun[mass noun] Building
- 1Brickwork in a timber frame.More example sentences
- The wonderful nogging, including herringbone again, may be part of the original building - note the date in the brickwork of the lower storey: 1620.
- Brick nogging is a European method of construction which was brought to the new world in the early nineteenth century.
- 1.1 [count noun] A horizontal piece of wood fixed to a framework to strengthen it.More example sentences
- Ensure that noggings, bearers, etc required to support fixtures and fittings are accurately positioned and securely fixed.
- Noggings should be fixed between joists.
More definitions of noggingDefinition of nogging in:
- The US English dictionary