- A device for making a loud noise at a festivity or sports match.More example sentences
- All around us, Berliners were letting off fireworks, firecrackers, noisemakers and rockets, and none too cautiously.
- Guests at the celebration in southern Afghanistan were said to be firing weapons off like noisemakers, in keeping with ethnic tradition, when they were, mistakenly, attacked by U.S. forces.
- The first rule never prevented Mississippi State fans from smuggling in cowbells, but home teams now can be penalized if their fans disrupt play with noisemakers.
More definitions of noisemakerDefinition of noisemaker in:
- The US English dictionary