- 1A formal notice of abandonment by a plaintiff or prosecutor of all or part of a suit.More example sentences
- The prosecutor had sole, unfettered discretion to enter a nolle prosequi in this case.
- In considering the court's power to dismiss a case for pretrial delays it is useful to consider the right of the prosecutor to seek a nolle prosequi.
- 1.1(In the UK) the dismissal or termination of legal proceedings by the Attorney General.More example sentences
- The power of the Attorney to issue a nolle prosequi has no statutory basis.
- The Attorney-General may stop any prosecution on indictment by entering a nolle prosequi.
Latin, literally 'refuse to pursue'.
More definitions of nolle prosequiDefinition of nolle prosequi in:
- The US English dictionary