- 1The value that is stated on a coin or note; face value.More example sentences
- Fixing the value of money depended upon correlating the quantity of precious metal in the coin with its nominal value.
- The nominal value of the coin is 1.95583 leva, the exact equivalent of one euro according to the fixed exchange rate under the currency board arrangement.
- Two commemorative gold and silver coins, with a nominal value of CHF 20 and 50, will be specially issued by the Federal Mint.
- 1.1The price of a share, bond, or stock when it was issued, rather than its current market value.More example sentences
- The shareholders decided to split the stock, changing the nominal value of each share from 35 leva to 1 lev, thus increasing the number of shares from 8.25 million to 288.76 million.
- The company will offer 150 000 shares with a nominal value of 10 leva and an issue price of 30 leva each.
- Maltby argues that the general fall in nominal values of shares, combined with a declining use of uncalled capital, had a significant impact during the last third of the 19th century.
More definitions of nominal valueDefinition of nominal value in:
- The US English dictionary