- 1The action of nominating or state of being nominated: women’s groups opposed the nomination of the judge [count noun]: the film received five nominationsMore example sentences
- He was only the second Catholic to receive the presidential nomination.
- John Kerry of Massachusetts will accept the party's presidential nomination.
- I'm not going to name names yet, but this will be his second Oscar nomination in the last five years.
- 1.1 [count noun] A person or thing nominated: send your nominations in by 30th NovemberMore example sentences
- There's less than a month to go - so it is time to send in your nominations for our Community Pride awards.
- Using the entry form printed here, send us your nominations for community heroes who are making a difference.
- All nominations must be sent in to Jo Gilliland, Mill House, North Street, York.
More definitions of nominationDefinition of nomination in:
- The US English dictionary