- 1A person who is nominated as a candidate for election or for an honour or award: an Oscar nomineeMore example sentences
- All the more reason for care in selecting the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party.
- And that base is especially strong in the primary elections that determine the nominee for President.
- Tom was selected from a distinguished list of nominees for the honour.
- 2A person or company, not the owner, in whose name a stock, bond, or company is registered: [as modifier]: an offshore nominee companyMore example sentences
- It means the shares are held in the name of a nominee company of Goodbody.
- To create a legal mortgage the shares have to be registered in the name of the bank or of its nominee company.
- We don't have any record of the nominee name in the share register.