Definition of non-European in English:
- The committee comprised a European official, three non-European officials, two ‘native’ officials and one native non-official.
- Europe therefore learnt about non-European societies through other Europeans, predominantly through what they wrote about them, but also through attempts visually to represent them.
- The hotly debated questions of what caused ‘new imperialism’ and what effects it had on the various European and non-European actors cannot be discussed here.
nounBack to top
1A person who is not a European.
- The Ballon d' Or recognises not only Europeans but non-Europeans who play their club football in Europe.
- Many of us non-Europeans go to Europe for the historic effect.
- Is this another wedge to divide Europeans and non-Europeans?
1.1South African dated A person of African, Asian, or mixed ancestry.
- The Nationalist Party from its inception had always pursued a policy of justice and fairness towards all sections of the population - English-speaking, Afrikaans-speaking, Africans and other non-Europeans.
- Most got their ‘evidence’ about Africans and non-Europeans second and third-hand from the actual conquerors and enslavers.
- This policy was consolidated by excluding Chinese and other non-Europeans from the 1880s under the White Australia policy.
Definition of non-European in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan