- 1Not participating or working: non-active trustees a non-active placebo tabletMore example sentences
- The chair has to communicate the frustrations of the active trustees to the nonactive trustees in order to stimulate their participation in board activities.
- Gang members active over the entire four-year period had mortality rates of 25 percent, while nonactive members had mortality rates below 2 percent.
- In the present study, sentences that were active were judged to be more important and were read more slowly than nonactive sentences.
- 2Not engaging in physically energetic pursuits: sometimes skinny girls have non-active lifestyles, while some bigger girls are more activeMore example sentences
- The Guides recommend that inactive children and youth increase time spent on physical activity, and reduce "nonactive" time spent on TV, video, computer games and the internet.
- Nutritionalists suggest that non-active people should drink about 3-4 pints of water a day, though few do.
- He recruited groups of non-athletic men aged 20 to 43, either to play football or go jogging three times a week, before comparing the results with a control group of similarly aged non-active men.