- 1Not aligned with something else.More example sentences
- If, like many local voters, you are considering not bothering to vote on May 1 precisely for the reasons I have laid out, I urge you to think again and consider voting for an independent or non-aligned candidate.
- That strikes me as a very accurate picture of contemporary American culture: the intellectuals, like Harold Bloom and the late Susan Sontag, are all avowedly non-professional and non-aligned.
- His departure left bitterness among his local supporters and the allegations which he still faces alarmed party supporters, opponents and non-aligned voters alike.
- 1.1Relating to a state in the Non-Aligned Movement: India’s non-aligned policyMore example sentences
- These new commitments were all the more remarkable for their achievement under the presidency of one the EU's four non-aligned member states.
- An independent foreign policy, let alone the idea that we might become part of a non-aligned bloc in world affairs, has never had much purchase here, our nuclear-free status notwithstanding.
- Currently South Africa has taken this leadership role and Canada must do more to complement the emerging drive of non-aligned countries.
- More example sentences
- The meeting defined non-alignment as a capacity to exercise independence in taking foreign policy decisions according to national interests.
- China also sought to reward Tanzania for its leadership in the international movement for non-alignment and for supporting China in international affairs, particularly at the United Nations.
- Be it non-alignment or centralised planning, the policy that Nehru wanted was generally adopted by the Congress, and by the Government of India as well.